Unless you are the Prime Minister of Canada and enjoy falling down stairs as a party trick...
... then please exercise caution when using the stairs.
Here are some tips for staircase safety:
- Never run up or down stairs.
- Use the handrail!!!
- Never text or check your phone while using stairs.
- Attempting to take selfies on staircases can be fatal.
- Stairs should be well lit and clear of clutter.
- Only take one step at a time.
- Get help if you have to carry something up or down stairs.
- If the steps are located outside, be extremely careful if it is raining or snowing.
- And finally, if you live in Montréal and your stairs look like this...
... don't even think about leaving the house.
- This has been an Infomaniac Public Service Announcement.